Color the Birds
Do you like to color? Researchers say that coloring reduces stress and boosts creativity. Bird watching is also considered a calm and relaxing activity of enjoying fresh air and the sights and sounds of nature. The Knox County Park District encourages you to participate in our annual “Color the Birds” challenge. We invite you to choose one of the provided bird coloring pages and color and learn of that species before submitting your entry.
Here are the contest details;
1. Check our website and or Facebook/Instagram sites for the TWO featured birds of the week.
2. Choose one of two featured coloring pages via a download to color from our website
3. Learn about the bird species you have chosen and go to our PARKS link on our website and view the various parks and their Bird ID charts to see what park the species might be spotted.
4. Submit a picture of your coloring page each week to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday until the contest ends on March 27, 2022. Be sure to include what you learned and where the bird can be found in our parks.
5. You may enter the contest each week but are only eligible for (1) set of prizes.
6. You may tag your entries on our social media sites as well as #knoxcountyparkdistrictcolorthebirds
7. Encourage your friends to vote for your entry as we will choose the top two of an age category. Voting will be through our Facebook page.
Each week we will feature our entries and the public is invited to vote for their favorite. Throughout the winter we will award the prizes each week to our winners compliments of the Knox County Convention and Visitor’s Bureau and a few sponsors soon to announce. Winners will be chosen in three categories ages 4-10, 11-17 and 18 and above. There are many birds throughout our Knox County Parks, be sure to click on our ID lists and download the charts per park to explore.